The packer position is responsible for packaging of quality customer product in a safe and efficient manner. This position may provide support to additional departments as business conditions dictate. Hourly wage is $15/hr for all shifts. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace.
Major Work Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Gathers customer products at work station.
2. Inspects products to ensure compliance with LPC quality guidelines and expectations.
3. Stages nonconforming products to be ground for recycling.
4. Packages conforming products as specified on the BOM (bill of material) and routings.
5. Accurately record scrap, downtime, and production on/for the production/scrap tracking report.
6. Maintain housekeeping as needed and at the end of the shift.
7. Immediately informs shift/department crew leader of any changes in product quality or machine operation.
8. Perform any other duties as requested by the shift/dept. crew supervisor.
9. Clearly communicates with prior and subsequent shift associates.
1. Ability to perform basic Math calculations
2. Ability to read, write and understand the English language
3. Ability to accurately perform basic data entry
4. Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions and work safely in a manufacturing environment
5. 6 mos. manufacturing experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and proper PPE is required. This is a manufacturing environment and the environment is subject to extreme temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is often required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently stand, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Our business is seasonal. Shifts, schedules and working hours may fluctuate depending on business conditions.
Landmark Plastic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national original, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com