The Extrusion Machine Operator is responsible for the processing of plastic product into rolls. This is a full time, hourly position. Landmark Plastic is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blend colors at correct let down ratios on both lines.
2. Understand and program process control blender.
3. Understand and program ATI gauging system.
4. Diagnose minor production problems and recommend corrective action to Maintenance or Crew Leader.
5. Perform minor maintenance and troubleshoot extruder lines, auxiliary equipment, and material handling systems, Determine size of die opening, chrome roll adjustments, knives, line speed, winder speed, location and die adjustments (if necessary to provide required sheet as scheduled.)
6. Understand and operate all heats, feed systems, cooling systems and slurry systems and trim grinders.
7. Understand extrusion schedule and adjust roll production to pounds required.
8. Monitors production and adjusts extruder, haul off, winder, and die to maintain material tolerances.
9. Operation material handling systems and choose correct material sources and percentages (non-color added), and troubleshoot blockages.
10. Select correct line settings and die sizing for scheduled material production from both start-up and ‘on the fly’ changeovers.
11. Monitor extruder line operation and note irregularities that may cause poor quality material production. Correct if possible; advise Crew Leader.
12. Complete schedule for assigned line noting Gaylord usage, rolls flipped, pounds produced, and other information useful to the on-coming shift.
13. Change rolls following established procedures for weighting, labeling, racking, correct methods used to ensure a quality start-up.
14. Check gauges at roll change and record production information on schedule.
15. Change screens including marking rolls and prepping for the next change.
16. Transfer racked rolls to Thermoforming and place in designated rows.
17. Keep floor hoppers stocked with regrind. Stacks, bands and dispose of empty Gaylord’s
18. Understand and identify correct extruder operation and production techniques, and notify crew leader in case of a concern.
19. Flip rolls and properly dispose of skids, boards, and banding.
20. Perform all shift change responsibilities.
21. Stop extruder line in the event of an emergency.
22. Understand extrusion schedule and how to complete it.
Qualified Candidates who are interested should
1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or
2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8:00am-4:00pm Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com