Develops, qualifies and maintains injection molding production processes and establishes throughput standards for new and existing mold tooling. Analyzes existing process standards for productivity improvement including but not limited to; materials, molds, machinery and automation equipment. Provide processing support as directed by the Injection Molding Production Mgr. Including the training of packers, utilities and temps. This is a full time, hourly position. This is a Drug Free Workplace. Full selection of benefits available: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life, 401K with match, paid vacation, paid personal time, legal, identity theft, accident, hospital indemnity, incentive plans.
1. Monitors and troubleshoots current Inj. Molding production setups, process parameters and production standards for accuracy, compliance and continuous productivity improvement.
2. Cooperates and works closely with Manufacturing Support and Tool Room personnel to communicate and schedule mold and machine maintenance requirements.
3. Owns and maintains up to date tools required to perform job functions.
4. Provides input for improvement / Redesign of new and existing molded products with an emphasis on optimizing economies of design, material, and manufacturing process improvement.
5. Provides instruction, training and assistance for supervisors, set-up and processing personnel.
6. Direct activities of shift personnel to ensure products produced comply with LPC quality guidelines and product masters.
7. Enforce LPC safety polices for the employees during the shift.
8. Enforce all LPC policies during the shift.
9. Complete all necessary paperwork and production recording.
10. Perform periodic performance reviews of employees on the shift.
11. Has personal life in order and under control, free of encumbrances that would limit job performance and ability to lead others.
12. Requires patience, and understanding of other’s values and beliefs.
13. Clean work areas as needed.
14. Perform other duties as directed by the Injection Molding Manager.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Specific experience in thin-wall, high speed injection molding processes with a min of (3-5 years)
3. Have mold setting and minor maintenance experience.
4. Must be able to perform basic math.
5. Must be able to communicate needs, and concerns to shift personnel, Production Manager, and coworkers.
6. Must be capable of learning and performing multiple operations.
7. Must have outstanding time management skills.
8. Must complete LPC lockout/tag out training.
9. Must complete LPC forklift training.
10. Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word and excel.
How to Apply:
Qualified Candidates who are interested should 1) apply online (www.landmarkplastic.com) or 2) at our office: Landmark Plastic, 1331 Kelly Avenue, Akron, OH 44306 8-5 Mon-Fri. Visit our website to learn more about us www.landmarkplastic.com