ATTENTION: We are still actively hiring. We have opened our applicant lobby Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. You can apply online or come into our office and apply.
Working for Landmark Plastic, a leading manufacturer of plastic products used in the horticulture industry, this Business Development Executive will help the company earn new business necessary for expansion. This individual must be well versed in analytical tasks like conducting market research and developing growth strategies based on key performance indicators. They also perform communication-based tasks, such as collaborating with team members and negotiating with clients.
Commitment to a safe work culture and attendance is critical to the success of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Conduct Market Research: will work with marketing team to conduct a detailed market analysis before they expand into a territory or take on new business. This research can be on different businesses or different demographics depending on the employer. They use spreadsheets at an advanced level to analyze data and feel comfortable presenting their findings in written formats or verbally to senior decision-makers.
2. Maintain Relationships with Current Clients: will focus mostly on growing the business through new client acquisition, they must maintain good relationships with current clients to be in that position. This involves using customer service and interpersonal skills to identify and meet client needs.
3. Create Product and Service Presentations: will put together high-priced deals, so the slides and other sales materials they use for their presentations are vital. They are responsible for using tools like PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Illustrator to create these presentations.
4. Contact Leads to Setup Meetings: spend a fair amount of time using the market research to prospect for leads. This can include good old-fashioned phone calls, as well as crafting emails for drip campaigns.
5. Conduct Sales Meetings: this is the most important duty completed by the Business Development Executive, as this is where they earn their salary. They use their negotiation skills and sales skills to convey value and convert leads into clients.
This executive role is a sales position, so communication-based soft skills are most important with that being said, there are some technical skills and knowledge required to succeed at this position. One important quality is the ability to work under pressure. You must be comfortable with the idea that how much money you make is directly tied to how much revenue is generated for the company. Ambition and a strong work ethic are needed to do well in this position. Another important character trait is a love of talking. Additional skills are most desired for this position:
1. Advanced Research: Conducting market research to determine prospects most likely to convert into clients is key to this position.
2. Negotiating: must hit the right tone when negotiating with current and prospective clients to get the best deal possible.
3. Presentation Skills: Along with developing professional sales presentations, they frequently give sales presentations to leads and market analysis presentations to upper management.
4. Networking: maintains a robust network through attending conferences and keep track of contacts using client relationship management software.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or a similar field. Coursework including classes on sales and negotiation tactics, economics, and organizational communication. 3-5 years sales experience and training generally through a mentorship is preferred.
None at this time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be subject to mfg. shop floor conditions.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following have been identified as physical requirements of the job:
• The employee must be able to perform the duties as noted above.
• The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
• Must be able to wear PPE and work in a manufacturing shop floor environment.
This is a salary full-time position. Hours may vary depending on business needs and projects. Core Days/Hours are Mon-Fri 8-5 with some evening and weekend hours needed to meet deadlines.
DISCLAIMER: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.